collage

collage

Conference ! April 6, 2015

Teaching Suemi and her family at the Temple


Our Mexican coming out.....

What an amazing conference! I know that I was not the only one that recieved a lot of revelation this conference! I am so grateful for the prophet and his apostles! I especially loved Elder Eyring´s talk. Fasting truly is amazing. That is something that I have learned in the mission. Through sacrifices, God just pours out blessings upon us, so fasting for other people gives us TONS of blessings.
This week I was able to do divisions with a cute girl named Hermana Price. She is from Syracuse and we actually competed against each other in drill. I was so amazed with her, she has had lots of surgeries done here in the mission, because her appendix burst, and she only weighs about 95 pounds now! But she inspired me so much, because she had such an amazing attitude and was so happy, what a great example!
We also had an awesome awesome lesson with Suemis daughter and her boyfriend in the temple. He is SO EXCITED about everything he learns. They were able to feel the spirit so strongly in the temple, it was amazing. He says the most beautiful prayers, and you can just feel that he has gained a relationship with God. He is going to get baptized this week, and be able to baptize his girlfriend in a couple weeks!
Hermana Suemi is so funny. She is SO excited to just learn as much as she can about the church. We were at her house on Friday and she said "KIDS, tomorrow I am NOT making dinner, and on Sunday we are NOT eating breakfast, and on Sunday EVERYONE is taking a little envelope to one of the members of the bishops counselors" they were all like "mom, it's not even a requirement until after we get baptised" she was like "I know, but why wait?" I know she is just going to be the most amazing member ever! We love her!
Conference  made me want to share my special testimony about Christ. Today we had a conference with  8 different zones. Whenever there is a big conference, we always all go out for about 30 minutes or an hour to a park nearby and we contact lots of people! It is just so cool seeing so many young kids testifying of Christ in a park in the middle of Mexico in 100 degree weather. I would not rather be anywhere else. I know that Christ lives. I have felt his love so many times and continue feeling it every day towards me and others every day! In Mexico they have the Semana Santa that was this week, and they remember Christ in strange ways. They even act out the crucifiction and crucify someone until he is nearly dead. But, I know that by living the commandments and praying to God every day, we show Christ that we remember Him, and he is with us. I am so grateful to be part of His church. I love you all, have an amazing week!