collage

collage

One Year in Mexico ! January 12, 2015

My Zone !

The Rosca......!
WOW!!! I can't believe how fast this last year went! It is so crazy to me that I have been here for so long! I also completed 5 months in my area. I cannot even tell all of you how much I love each and every person in this ward. I honestly feel like they are my family, and my heart is going to break when I have to leave them one day.
We had some REALLY awesome things happen this week, and some REALLY sad ones! Mostly happy though, of course. Victor has not been able to go to church for a while because they have been asking him to work on Sundays. He only lives with his grandma and his 3 little brothers, so he has to provide for them, which makes work necessary. Anyway, he has been praying for a new job opportunity. This week he told us "You know what sisters? I am quitting my job this week. I NEED to go to church. I know that God will help me be able to provide for my little brothers and sister." Anyway, the next day we went to visit him, and he had found another job!!! And he isn't going to have to work on Sundays, and he is going to get paid better. It was so amazing to see how God had blessed him through his sacrifices. He should be getting baptized next week. We are so excited :) Also, we are going to be able to go teach him at the temple in the gardens this week! Since we are so close to the temple, they give us permission to go. We are  so excited. It is so amazing to see how happy he was in church, when thinking back to our first lesson with him, he didn't even believe God existed because of all the hard things he had gone through. His prayers are absolutely amazing as well.
We had a really awesome lesson with Aaron. He had a sin that he didn't want to drop, but after feeling the spirit really strong he told us he was ready and that he wanted to get baptized next week. We set up his baptismal interview and everything, and were trying to help him stay strong, but that night he talked to some friends and I think they talked him out of it. The next day he told us he didn't want to keep going, but I could tell he felt awful because he couldn't even look us in the eyes. I felt like my heart literally broke in half. I have never felt so much sadness and love for someone in my whole life. But, God is blessing us so much, and I don't have one thing to complain about.
We also are teaching an 11 year old girl named Juli. Her family is a less active family, and we are trying to work with them. Also, we have an invesigator named Roel who is getting baptized the 14th of Februrary. He is the one who studies in the elementary school that was owned by the church. 
There is this less active named Andres who we have been working with. He hadn't gone to church in like 3 years, but started going a few months ago. He is super great! A few weeks ago, he was able to go to the temple, and this week, he blessed the sacrament in sacrament meeting. He started crying while he was saying the sacramental prayer, it was so amazing. When we really understand the importance of the ordanences we do, it is a really great feeling. Anyway, I have really grown to love him and was so happy for him this week. Also, we are teaching his cousin named Lisbet.
I just love this work and everything about the mission ! I wouldn't rather be anywhere else. I hope everyone has a great week and can feel a little bit of this happiness I am feeling every day. Love you all!