collage

collage

"Hey Hermana Manning, Have you ever been sick ?" Jan 4, 2015

My new companion, Hermana Garcia ! Straight from the MTC...

This week's baptism !
Hi everyone! HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope everyone had a great new year! There is a really cool tradition here that they do. They put piñatas that look like old men on every corner, and when it is midnight on new years, they burn them all. The piñatas are stuffed with bombs and fireworks, so its really loud! It is kinda cool though :)
So guess how i spent my first day of the year? IN THE HOSPITAL! Hahahaha. I got really sick and had to go to the hospital! But, i am all better now and am feeling awesome! It was really funny because on my companions first day here, she asked me if i had ever thrown up in the mission. I told her only once, and then the next day I was super sick. She cursed me :)
My new companion is so cute! Her name is Hermana Garcia, and she is from Riverside California. I know I said last week that I thought she was going to be Latin because of the last name, but she is as white as ever!  And what i said about having to get used to speaking Spanish all day was a lie! Haha, I feel kind of racist. But she is super awesome and cute! We get along really well! Its cool talking to her about the MTC and stuff because she started her mission the same day as i did exactly a year apart, and she was in the MTC at the same time that I was!
Well, we basically were just introducing my new companion to everyone this week. Aaron is doing really well. He should get baptized in the next few weeks! Victor is doing well to, its just hard for him to get to church sometimes because of work. We have a new investigator named Roel that went to an elementary school that was owned by the church here in Mexico about 30 years ago. He is so interested. He went to church this week and was participating a ton and loved it. Also, we are teaching one of Anas best friends named Derian, he seems awesome! We are just loving life, loving this ward, and loving the work!
We had a really awesome lesson this week in relief society about being the Lord's Hands. Sometimes we think about how busy we are or all of the problems we have, and we make up excuses to not go and help people or visit them when we know they need it. Well, i was looking at a picture of Christ's hands. Even as a ressurrected being, his hands have marks, and "are not perfect" just like us. But think about how many amazing things they have done. I hope that we can all put aside all of our problems and focus on being the Lord's hands this year. Have an awesome week, I love you all!