collage

collage

Oh, half way mark of the mission ....August 18,2014

Ismael's Baptism ! 


Crazy missionaries !
WOW!  The time goes by SO FAST. I can't even believe that this week I will be half way done with the mission! Ahhh, I hate thinking about that!
This week went really well. I seriously LOVE this area. We had a few days that were a little hard this week, because we had to walk a lot and look for people to start teaching, or look for references. but It all payed off! We have a few really awesome people. There are lots of part members families in this ward, so we have been going with them. There is a family of about 7 and they are all baptized except their 14 year old son, so we are working with him. They are called the Trinidads. Also, there is this really awesome guy named Julio. His whole family are members and he goes to church every once and a while. He has a testimony, and we have been working with him. There are about 3 other families like that, that we are working with too. Sometimes it can be hard, because they know they should get baptized but they are a little scared. But we are going to work with them!
We also met this girl named Nahomi. She is awesome! She was a contact from a bus. She lives with her grandparents because her parents are seperated and have lots of problems. She is 16. Her grandparents are super catholic but she doesn´t have a religion becuse she doesn't believe in a lot of the things in the Catholic church. She already excepted to be baptized, and there are 2 girls in the ward who have been taking her to seminary with them. She felt the spirit really strong in church and everytime she prays and reads. I'm so excited for her! 
There is this really awesome family we have been working with. The husband's name is Moses and he is less active. He decided to come back to church about a month ago, and we have been teaching his wife. She has been going to church for the past month and she is super excited to be baptized, but they have to get married first! They are getting married in one month. I am so excited! They have a cute little baby who was born 2 months ago. They also have been taking their neighbor to church with them, who is a 16 year old girl, just like Nahomi. Her name is Ana. She loves church and she also just lives with her uncle because she doesn't have parents. She never had a dad and her mom died a while ago. She loves the youth in the ward and she is going to get baptized in 2 weeks! It makes me so happy to see the gospel blessing the lives of all of these people.
We had a really awesome conference today. It was about adapting to the mission life. It was crazy how strong the spirit was. President shared a scripture about how the Lord is always on our right, our left, and all around us taking care of us. He read it with the lights off and we had our eyes shut, and after, we opened our eyes and there were cut outs of Jesus all around the room. It was so amazing. I was bawling! It is incredible how much Christ loves each and every one of us. In the past 9 months I have felt it stronger than ever in every single moment. I am so grateful for everything that I am learning here in the mission. I am freaking out that I am half way done, I want to do this work forever! But, I know that I can work in Gods work for my whole life, and I know that I have a lot of work left to do! I love you all and I hope that you can all feel the Lord watching over you this week. There´s my cheesy missionary line for the week :)