collage

collage

HOPE! August 11, 2014


This ward makes me so happy ! 
Our ward mission leader's daughter and my new comp Hermana Montgomery !

Esperanza means HOPE in Spanish !

We can get a little crazy !
This ward is called Esperanza, and that's Spanish for hope. Man, I LOVE THIS AREA. The ward is INCREDIBLE. We went to church on Sunday, and the first thing they announced is that there are 4 new missionaries in the ward. (Because they white washed the area) ...Hermana Montgomery, Elder Debbe, Elder Fonseca, and I are all here. After they announced that, the girl who said the opening prayer thanked God for putting 4 angels in the ward. Then, after sacrament about 5 people came up to us to give us references, and William, the boy who i sent a picture of said to us "i know you just got here, so Cindi and I are going to go out with you two today to visit our friends, and could you bring a lot of books of mormon so we can find you new people in the street to visit? Oh , and we will be teaching with you every Sunday and Thursday." I was blown away ! Then we went to Gospel Principles class, and the mission leader taught. The recent converts had brought their neighbors to church with them, and we talked about how every member is a missionary. The members here have really strong testimonies and they are ready to share them!
Our area is dowtown, so it's really fun to contact here, and there's tons of people all the time! Our house is fun. It's not quite as nice as our old house, I miss the AC and the hot water...( ha ha!) and this house always has TONS of huge cocroaches.. but I still like it . This week was hard because we didn't have a phone, map, list of the members, tables, a fridge, or any plates or anything. But they carried them all to us this morning so it will be a lot easier now. Ha ! I don't have tons to write about investigtors, because we are still getting to know a bunch of people, but next week I will write all about them ! I love you all and hope you have a good week.. PS, I can't believe i hit half way this week! It makes me want to cry! I want to serve a life long mission   :)