collage

collage

Everything is changing! August 4, 2014

Hermana Martinez....another BFF 

Our new investigator and all of his Books of Mormon !
Hey everyone, so this is going to be really quick just so that you know I am alive and a little bit about this week!
There are transfers today! I am leaving Itzimna after 8 awesome months! I am pretty much opening an area. The sister training leaders lived in the area that I'll be in, but they didn't teach. They were only there mondays, because during the whooooole week they were working with sisters in their areas. I don't even have furniture or anything in my house  yet.. haha! I'm not sure who my companion is... I am training, so she will get here tomorrow. :) Im a little nervous! It's going to be hard being in a completely new ward and a completely new place with someone who is completely new in the mission and looking for completely new people to teach! But it's all good, i am so excited!!:) I am very sad to be leaving Hermana Falcon.. we really were best friends! But we will still see each other..
So we had a really cool thing happen this week! We went to this library because we had contacted this guy on the street who owned it. We went in and talked to him for a little bit. We asked him if he had any Books of Mormon, and he was like  ' yeah I have a bunch!'  We were looking at all of them and he was showing us other books. He had books up to about 5,000 pesos! His Books of Mormon were marked at 30 pesos. We were able to teach him a really spiritual lesson and we told him that the Books of Mormon were the most valuable books that he had in the whole library. He felt the spirit really strong and started to cry. He took a Book of Mormon from out of his desk and said that he had been reading it and he loved it, and admitted that the Elders had gone and taught him before, but that he has 3 friends that are Mormons who haven't talked to him in a long time and they were really rude to him so he stopped talking to the elders. Then he told us later that he has never felt more love than the love that he felt from the missionaries. Man, I know that this church really would be nothing without charity and without love. I feel like sometimes I am just used to it, but other people really can feel the difference when we are trying to have love like Christ has it ! Well, this is my short message for today. Ill be writing again this week with my new companion, so Ill write more! I love you all!:)