collage

collage

Another week in Paradise ! April 28th, 2014


 District meetings are fun !
 Happy Birthday Hermana Carr !
 Sometimes we even dress alike !



wowwww! what a week! every day was at least 110 degrees. Man, I feel like i am literally walkin on the sun everyday. But the good thing is hopefuly its helping me stay a little bit skinny. hahaha.
I finally got sick this week! It was really bad! I was throwing up all night, and i thought i was going to die when we walked outside because on top of the heat i had a fever! But, it was one of those days that I will always remember that God helped me get through!
So this week was super great! Ross is getting baptized on Saturday! Wooo! I was really nervous on Sunday because the member who usually helps translate couldnt come to church. And its the hardest thing ever to try and talk, listen, and think all at the same time! Luckily, 9 angels walked into the chapel right before sacrament started. Hahaha okay not really, but 9 study abroad students from BYU are in our ward for 7 weeks. I am so excited about it! So one of the boys helped us and translated for Ross. Its super cute when the members try and talk to Ross in English. They all say "we are so excited for your baptism! You are so tall!"
Besides that, we were a little sad because Marta's baptism was supposed to be yesterday. Last week after church one of the sisters in the ward gave her a ride home and was talking bad about the ward. So she told us she didn't want to have her baptism this week. It was a little sad, but we are going to keep working with her. It just shows us that she needs to gain a stronger testimony for herself so that others won't effect her!
Man, it's really killing me that I cant be watching some preseason baseball right now. Everyone go watch an at bat by Mike Trout for me :) Love you all!
P.S. oh, and remember Betty ?  So she won't accept visits from us anymore, but when we were visiting her, we met a lot with her daughter.  Her daughter learned all of the lessons with us, and we set up a baptism for her !  The only thing is that she lives in another ward.  Her baptism was last week !  When the elders from that ward told us, it made me so happy !!!  It feels so good to see the fruits of missionary work........