collage

collage

Great Days in the MTC ! Dec 4th, 2013

Jamba juice on P-day !!
Have to have the traditional pointing picture !


The whole district at the temple !

Hey everyone! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Mine was so awesome! We had this huge service project! We prepared 350,000 meals for starving children in Utah! It was so cool. I met so many awesome people at main campus from all over the world. It is crazy to meet someone from Japan who has never had Turkey before, or someone from New Zealand who was the only member in his high school. Ahh it made me feel so blessed and lucky. We watched Ephriums Rescue Thanksgiving night. It was so humbling. I love that movie and it made me so thankful. I LOVED THE THANKSGIVING CARD I GOT! Thanks everyone! It made me smile!
Fast Sunday was pretty cool! Testimony meetings in the MTC are an awesome experience. One elder bore his testimony and I'd like to share what he said. He said that he actually thought this was the first Christmas he would be giving more than he received. But then he realized how silly that was. Christ has given us so much, there is no way we can give more than we receive. But, I am going to give him my heart, might, mind, and strength this Christmas and I know it will be awesome. Remember how much Christ has given all of us! It is so hard on Sundays because that usually means another district from our zone leaves... My heart brakes every time! I love my zone! 
P-days are pretty great! We can actually take long showers! Since we have 5 girls and one shower, our showers are rushed throughout the week. Our motivation to get through the week is always that we can take a long shower non P-day. Besides that, we do our laundry, sometimes go to Brigham's Landing (they have Jamba, Great Harvest, a bugrger place, a kinkos), and then we have a lot of time to prepare for the week! Today we are going up to main campus to get some of our dresses hemmed. They have all of that here! barber shops and everything! 
I am so grateful for the 2 elders in my district! They are hilarious. One of them is OBSESSED with the color white. You should have seen him when it snowed! HA! By the way.. this snow is awful! We have to be outside a lot of the day. And here at main campus, everyone packed for MEXICO! Hahaha. But it's all good! It's really pretty and it's nice to go outside.
We have 2 investigators we are teaching. It is getting a lot easier to teach! The first week at the MTC is really hard because they just crush you down and humble you and don't teach you much. But they started teaching us how we should prepare our lessons, and now that we are a little more humble, it has helped a lot. When I go into a lesson, I focus more on what the investigator needs and not what I am saying, and it makes the spirit so strong. I'm sure I sound like such an idiot trying to speak  in Spanish, but esta bien. It is definitely coming along. If I think back to what I knew when I first got here, I am amazed. Plus, all I really NEED to know for Mexico is how to bear my testimony and pray, and I can do both of those! Haha. How much you learn really just depends on your personal study and how you use it.
Anyway, I hope everyone has a good week! Remember that if we try our hardest, Christ will make up for the rest and fill in what we can't do. Being obedient brings miracles! I love you all!
-Hermana Manning