collage

collage

Bring on the Rain ! June 2, 2014





Wow, what a rainy week! Every day this week it POURED. It was super fun!
This week was a little bit different. We are lacking a little in investogators and we don't recieve many references, so we went and visited some old investigators. We found some pretty potential people!
Man, i love my companion, and time is flying with her! It is so awesome that our personalities fit together soooo well. I am going to die when i have to leave her!

This week was Aarons mom's birthday. She invited us to her house to eat dinner with the family. At the end of dinner, we talked about where they were a year ago and where they want to be in a year. They told us that they had decided to get married on the 18th and that her boyfrend will get baptized on the 20th, 2 days before transfers, so that we can be there! They also told us that a year from now they want to be ready to go to the temple to get sealed, and that when I finish my mission, they hope that my family can go to the temple with them! I have never felt so much happiness! It was amazing to me to see the change in their family the past 6 months. When I first got here, Aaron didn't know how to pray. Yesterday after dinner, he was helping his mom's boyfriend pray. He said "yeah, we have been praying as a family every night, but my dad always forgets to say in the name of Jesus Christ. That part was hard for me too when I first learned"
I absolutely love the people here! The ward is still learning lots of things, and some times it is hard on the missionary work, but if one thing is for sure, I have learned that the Gospel is sooo perfect. We, as the members, are the ones that are not. If we ever just go to church for other people, or worry about what others do there, we will never be happy or gain a testimony. But when we focus on the basic truths and realize how many temptations and tests Satan sends us, we will be so strong! I love you all! Have a good week!