collage

collage

New Year--New Country !!!

Packing is so stressful !!!

My teacher brought me a special treat !!!
Hello everyone! Happy New Year! I can't believe it is already 2014! I can't believe I will be headed to MEXICO on MONDAY! Thanks for all the dear elders! I have loved them and I love hearing from home. Dear elder was down for a while, so I got like 10 in one day. it made me so happy! This week was so amazing. I have learned so much from people around me. Especially the hermanas in my zone! When I get to interview them, I learn so much from them! They are awesome. I got to TRC with a native again this week over skype! She was from Mexico City as well. It was a teacher who works here's mom. I talked to him after and I was like "Wow your mom has only been a member for 3 years?!" and he was like "no... 30" hahaha so obviously my spanish needs a little work but that's okay! It has gotten so much better this week!!
So Sunday was so awesome. It was the most spiritually sacrament ever. There were talks in Spanish and English, and a song in Samoan. It was so amazing to me that I could feel the spirit so strongly the whole time. This hermana and an elder sang this song in Samoan and it was INCREDIBLE. The song meant something like Christ will lift me when I am weak, stay with me because I am weak. .. something like that. The elder was like this big 200 pound elder and half way through the song he just started crying. He couldn't even finish the song. After the song, the elder's branch president got up and explained how the elder's mother had passed away the day after Christmas. I am so amazed by his testimony and his strength. It was an awesome experience. 
I can't even think about leaving my district on Monday! The elders agreed to give us all blessings on Sunday. Also, we are singing in sacrament! Our teacher's favorite song is Brightly Beams our Father's Mercy, so we have been practicing that and we will be singing it to her the night before and in sacrament. She is gonna die. She is so awesome! We are meeting her at jamba after this to have lunch. Don't get any ideas though, I don't want to just see mom walk into jamba! Hahhaa. Hermana Steward (our teacher) is coming to Merida for a service project in March! I hope I get to see her, but I probably won't. 
Elder Winger's sister sent me a late Christmas present this week! She sent me 1D folder dividers. Hahaha it was so funny. 
we had the BEST devotional last night! it was by Elder Ellis of the 70. He talked all about the new year and become the best us we can be. He talked about how every change is a chance to have a clean plate and become a better you. I am so lucky I get to have my new year in a new country and start completely over. Even if our New Years resolutions only last for a week, we will be better at the end of the week than we were at the beginning. I am so grateful for that! I hope everyone has an awesome week. I can't wait to call home on Monday! LOVE YOU!