collage

collage

Hola from Mexico !!! January 8th, 2014


Well hello everyone! I get to email today because my President and his wife say its suuuuuuuper important to write our families every week.
Man, what a crazy few days! We got to the airport at 1 in the morning, keep in mind we left the MTC at 2:30 AM. haha it was a long day! but we got there and our president and his wife were waiting for us with a few of the elders. they took the hermanas bags and then we went to the offices where we got our hammocks. Then the president took me and the other 2 hermanas to his house to stay. his house is AMAZING.it{s in the richest part of Merida. It´s seriously so pretty! My hammock is hot pink and super cute. haha its actually not that uncomfortable either! 
The next day we woke up and helped Hermana Garcia set up because she had  all of the new missionaries over for breakfast. There were 20 of us. We had alittle orientation from the elders (which was in English and Spanish) then we went to the stake center for our trainers! My compaƱera is named Hermana Bautista and she is from Bolivia. She hardly speaks any English. She is AMAZING though. in the stake center she said "okay.. i think this is correct in English. I want to tell you a secret. I am scared to be your trainer because you dont speak Spanish. But I love you." It made me so happy! I understand most everything she says but I have a hard time speaking a lot. Haha here is where the day gets crazy. So we took a taxi to our area. Our area is itzimna. If you thought taxi drivers were scary in New York, you are wrong! we rear ended a truck on the way there. But, neither of them cared. we just kept driving. Hahaha so funny. Our apartment is about 15 minutes from the offices. It is SO nice. It is the only apartment with hot water. Which i am SO grateful for. All the missionaries were way jealous I got to go there. It is super nice. But when we got to the apartment, we realized that the cellphone flew out ofmy companions bag in the taxi. we went to the bishops house to use his phonebut he was not there. We went to this family who speaks English (YES) and it helped me sooooo much. He said he was impressed with how much I could understand and that I was speakingvery well. It made me feel a lot better about myself haha. We went contacting last night. It was really good! I can understand what conversations are about but thats about it.
My companion is very patient. She is so kind and I am so grateful. We don{t have many investigators, but we will soon! the people are SO nice here. My compnion is the one who opened this area, so she knows it well but we are still trying to get more progressing investigators. It is super safe here! I am in a more rich part.. i think. 
Last night we set up a lesson with this lady who owns a store down the street. She has toooooons of faith but she says some kind of crazy things. I am excited though.
The president told us we need to split our language study so that half of it is me teaching my companion english and the other half her teaching me spanish. It went pretty well this morning.
Sorry there are not many pictures.....I WILL EMAIL AGAIN ON MONDAY.....THAT WILL BE MY REGULAR P-DAY !!
                           Love you all......Hermana Manning