collage

collage

Picked up Her Visa ! Dec 18,2013

Hermana Manning loves Candy Cane chapstick !

Study, study, study...Spanish, spanish, spanish !!
Hey everyonne! This week was so awesome. On Thursday, I was really stressed and was struggling a little bit. I asked Elder Adair for a blessing. I told him I was nervous to ask, so in front of our whole district he wrote on the board THIS IS WHY WE HAVE THE PRIESTHOOD. It was so awesome! We have the best elders. His blessing helped me tons!
I was thinking about the fam! I'm sad I missed the lights and Maxwell's. My teacher went to go see the lights too. I told him if he saw a flock of blonde people to tell them hello for me :)
Sundays are the best days! Sacrament is a little stressful because you never know who he is going to call on to give talks in Spanish. I actually really want to get called on though :) We are the oldest disstrict now! Our Elders are the zone leaders, and I am Zone Sister training leader! I get to interview the hermanas in the zone everysunday, visit them every night before bed, and wellcome new districts with the zone leaders. We are welcoming our first district tonight and I am so excited! We have some good stuff planned. BYU Men's choir did our devotional on Sunday. They are amazing and it was beautiful!
we had 17 missionaries leave on Monday. I was so sad! I loved all of them, but I know they are going to do so great. The hermanas left us with a bunch of candy, and the elders left our elders with SO MUCH STUFF. Like 10 boxes of food and candy and really random things. It's awesome! There is no other class in the apartment we learn in anymore, so it gets lonely! They all left me notes before they left though in this little notebook I have, so I was excited about that!
I WENT TO VEGAS YESTERDAY! Everyone probably saw the picture that lady took of me and sent to mom. It was so cool to meet and talk to real people as a missionary! When we went to the Mexican Consulate, I felt so weird! I was THE ONLY blonde girl, and it was like I was in Mexico. The girl I was sitting next to was talking to her daughter in Spanish and her daughter was talking back in English. I was so nervous when she asked me "are you christian?" I responded in Spanish and said yes, then half way through the onversation I realized SHE was the Mexican, she was speaking to me in English, and I was the white one, and I was speaking to her in Spanish. I apologized and told her I was learning! hahaha they were all very loving and kind though. We went to Vegas with everynoe who is going to Merida onJanuary 6th. There were 11 of us. Me, another hermana, and the rest were elders! It was way cool! The elders in my district are awesome. I know I always say that, but in vegas they would look back at me like every 8 seconds to make sure I was okay, and in the Consulate they were totally freaking out when the creepy old guys were looking at my blonde hair. Hahaha. Well I hope everyone had a good week! I LOVE getting all your letters. I just got Marianne's wedding invitation 5 minutes ago, and I got Meg Meadow's Christmas card too. It made me so happy! Sid, Kenzie, and Kelle also wrote me the nicest things this week! Whenever I get mail, I feel so special! I love you all! Have a great week!