collage

collage

1st Week Down !!!


wow! What a week! Hardest and best week of my life! The 1st day here, the mission leaders dad asked me to teach him the restoration, uhhh i was so nervous! But i did it, and when I said the 1st vision, i bawled! Haha it was way great,
We met a lady, who is the coolest lady ever. Her name is Hermana Betty and she is super wealthy. Her daughter speaks ENGLISH too! When i first got here, she wouldnt accept a baptismal date, but then on mom's birthday she did! I was so happy! 
Haha, this boy in the ward is obsessed with 1 direction. I gave him some one direction sticky notes and it made him so happy. He is like 17. Hahaha he was singing one direction songs to me in english and his accent was so funny!
I was showing a member of the ward a picture of my family and he said "wow! Your mom looks likie the wife of Ronald Reagan! " hahaha the people here say the funniest things.
Everyone here is so loving. They ALWAYS ask me to say the prayers. Haha i love it though. I have to speak in church next week... good thing I dont know Spanish huh? But oh well :) A bunch of the more wealthy people know some Enlgish.. and i LOVE it!
We taught a boy who has schitzophrenia the other day... it was the most interesting thing i've ever had happen! I didnt feel scared though... so I knew the power of God is real! He changed personalities like 3 times during the lesson and it was so strange. We don't know how to help him. But We will figure something out :)
My feet are super swollen every day. I'm not sure if it is because I trip alot, i walk a lot, or because i have 20 misquito bites on my legs and ankles. Eh, oh well, i love it!
Its been a crazy awesome week. I've had some real huge culture shock! But all is well. Thanks everyone for the emails! Ive been looking forward to them all week!          Love, Hermana Manning